Happy Tuesday yogis and yoginis. I’ve just made it home from an incredible trip to Nicaragua where I had the opportunity to host my second annual yoga and surf retreat at Costa Dulce and explored Finca Esperanza Verde in the high country above Matagalpa. I feel truly blessed.
I’m constantly traveling and I thought that it’s about time I share my must have carry on items. These are the items that are always in my carry on bag.
- My phone. I load my phone up with music, guided meditations and podcasts. I also transfer off old photos and videos to clear space for new memories. My phone also has Duolingo (a language app) and XE (a conversion app).
- Journal and pen. I love writing lists and flying is the perfect time to write lists, to-do lists, goals, business plans, brainstorm ideas, etc. Your journal and pen can also help you de-stress (get those thoughts out of your head on paper) and connect with your seat-mate (tic-tac-toe, hangman, etc.). Also, nice to collect other people’s contact info, etc (make sure to write a note or two about them, so you’ll remember them later).
- Toiletry kit. I occasionally overdue the toiletry kit ie. I stuff as much possible into that little bag. Here is my loot: Alaffia Purely Coconut Fair Trade Lip Balm or ALL Good Lips Coconut Lip Balm with SPF 20, Weleda Calendula Baby Face Cream, ALBA Pineapple Enzyme Face Wipes, Crystal travel size deodorant, toothbrush and paste, and doTerra OnGuard or Wyndmere Immune Support Essential Oil.
- Tea and Emergen-C. When traveling we’re not sleeping well and we’re continually being bombarded by germs. I pack a couple of packs of Emergen-C and a couple of different teas (Peppermint for digestion, Lavender Honey for relaxation, and Green Tea for an energy boost)
- Comfort Kit. My manduka travel yoga mat (awesome for long layovers and in-seat lumbar support), inflatable neck pillow, eye cover, ear plugs and ear buds.
I know I said 5, but I also ALWAYS pack a destination appropriate change of clothes. Fresh clothes and a few minutes in the bathroom freshening up can make a world of difference… trust me.
What are your favorite carry-on items?
Safe travels yogis!
Love and Light,