We all deserve to indulge in a bit of luxury every now and then (or how about every day?). Our yoga retreat in Greece, June 27 – July 4, 2020, will provide you with an opportunity to dive deeper into your yoga practice while immersing into Greek island life on Lefkas… an island where time slows down, the days are delightfully long, and where giant cliffs meet the sea.
For us, yoga retreats are about more than just practicing yoga in a beautiful destination. We take care and pride in finding the best yoga retreat destinations out there and creating fun, powerful and immersive retreats that nourish your soul. Our yoga retreat in Greece exceeds all of our expectations. Get ready for a truly relaxing luxury experience with a bit of adventure thrown in for good measure.
Do me a favor. Close your eyes and envision your most perfect quiet morning… no pets needing to go out to pee, no kiddos to send off to school, no email inbox stealing your attention and peace. Instead, you sit on your terrace overlooking the Ionian Sea and sip on a cup of hot coffee while reading your favorite book or you hike down to the sea and go for a morning swim before your first yoga class of the day.
You join the morning yoga practice and are greeted by Autumn, your yoga instructor for the week, the energy in the room is light, bright and clear. She effortlessly weaves in stories of goddesses that seem to speak directly to your soul while simultaneously teaching the group and offering hands-on assists when you need it most.
You leave class feeling vibrant, alive and empowered… and it’s not even breakfast yet.
This could be you. You could be here. I invite you to join us!
Join me in Lefkada, Greece this summer for a transformative week of GODDESS inspired self-care, self-love and yoga. Taira, a yoga teacher and studio owner in Portland has attended two of our retreats; here is what she had to say about her most recent experience, “Autumn and Toni your pure selves reflected in your teaching. I had some deep realizations this retreat about some of my relationships. The spiritual aspect added to this retreat was absolutely amazing. I also cannot wait to bring the new knowledge into my own classes to best assist/guide my students safely… I have so much gratitude for this place, retreat, community, both Autumn and Toni I thank you both for all that you are and all that you shared.”
All you have to do is show up. Allow us to take care of everything else… nourishing your physical body with delicious food and balanced yoga practices, allow us to schedule your massages, allow us to prepare your meals and clean up afterward, allow us to organize outings –> boat trips and beach visits. Remember, you don’t have to do it all.
While this retreat is Goddess themed, both men and women are welcome to join us. We all embody both the divine masculine and the divine feminine.
Yoga Retreat In Greece On The Island of Lefkas
We will be calling the Greek island of Lefkas (also called Lefkada) home for our 7night/8 day retreat. Urania Villas and yoga retreat center overlooks the deep blue Ionian Sea and provides the perfect destination to get away from the stress of life back home and to hit the reset button. Every once in a while you come across a place – which is so divine, so quiet and beautiful and surrounded by nature that no pictures can do it justice and Urania Villas is one such space. We would love for you to join us!
Luxury Greek Island Yoga Retreat Dates
Saturday, June 27, 2020 to Saturday, July 4, 2020
What does the Yoga Retreat in Greece include?
- Seven nights accommodation
- Healthy and nutritious traditional Greek meals throughout the week (7 B, 6 L, 7 D)
- Twice daily yoga and meditation classes (90-120 minutes)
- Guided yoga nidra (yogic sleep)
- Asana Tune-Up Workshop (troubleshoot common yoga poses to find the alignment that works for your body)
- Advance Your Asana Workshop (learn how to prepare your body for more advanced asanas)
- Roll & Release Workshop (self-myofascial release (self-massage) workshop that utilizes tennis balls and yoga blocks to release tension and tightness in the body)
- Day trip to Porto Katsiki, one of the world’s most beautiful beaches
- Boat trip to Meganissi and nearby beaches
- Greek cooking class with our beautiful hostess and chef Ourania
- Coffee, tea, and water (local wine available for purchase)
- Carefully curated goodie bag of local treats and a few surprises
- Detailed yoga retreat packing list and pre-arrival checklist
- Pre-retreat support (including guides to both Athens and Kefalonia)
- We’ll capture your week with video and photos, so you don’t have to think about it!
- You’ll receive an in-depth guide to the week’s theme, so you can study more or carry what you’ve learned with you after the retreat
- 1 hour Thai Massage $80
- 30 minute Reiki treatment $30
- 1 hour private yoga $65
- 1/2 day mountain biking trip (price TBD)
- Transportation from Athens (price TBD- depends on the number of people)
What does the Yoga Retreat in Greece exclude?
- Your transportation to Lefkas (transportation package from Athens available for purchase, however, I recommend renting a car. The drive from Athens to the island is smooth sailing on an easy toll road)
- Soda, junk food, and alcoholic beverages.
- Extra add-ons and excursions.
- Souvenirs or items of a personal nature
Who is our Yoga Retreat in Greece for?
- real people: people that love yoga, but also love having an evening glass of wine, staring at the stars and swapping stories
- yogis that want to go deeper into their practice
- yogis that want an asana tune-up
- those who want to adventure and be active during the day and climb into a ridiculously comfortable bed at night
- those who are inspired by rugged landscapes and the deep blue-green sea
- those who want to celebrate this awesome thing we call life!
- those that want to travel with a like-minded community
- those that need a technology detox (don’t worry there is still Wi-Fi, but I don’t think you’ll want to use it… except to brag to friends and family back home)
- those that need to RELAX… there are only two mandatory events for the whole 8 days!
- those who need a shift, an ignition, or a jumpstart in life, work, etc.
Who is our Yoga Retreat in Greece not for?
- those who want to party every night
- those who have no yoga experience (yogis should have a basic understanding of standing postures and a willingness to explore and play on their mat)
- those who don’t want to support others in their growth on and off their mat (we’re all about community, connection and support)
Still wondering if this retreat is a good fit? Let’s connect! Hop on my calendar and schedule a phone/Zoom call. I’ll answer all of your questions and then some! Here is a link to my Calender Scheduler.
Greece Yoga Retreat Rates
Double Occupancy $2298 USD per person
Single Occupancy $2798 USD per person
Our 2020 Retreat is expected to sell out. I recommend reserving your spot as early as possible!
JOIN OUR EMAIL NEWSLETTER TO FIND OUT JUST HOW MUCH YOU CAN SAVE… THE ANSWER IS A LOT!
Sign up to the right —>
You’ll also receive our free chakra guide!
** Traveling solo, but don’t want your own room? We’re happy to partner you up with a same-sex roommate.**
** Payment Plans are available upon request.**
** Discounts available for newsletter recipients.**
Meet Your Yoga Instructor
Autumn Adams, E-RYT 200, RYT 500, CPNYT, YACEP
Autumn founded Ambuja Yoga in 2014 as a way to not only share her love of yoga, travel & adventure but as a way to cultivate intention, courage, grace and joy in her students. Since Ambuja Yoga’s start, Autumn has led nearly 25 yoga retreats in the United States and abroad.
Autumn Adams seamlessly blends her education in Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga into dynamic, flowing classes that gently challenge her students to break old habits and move beyond perceived limitations. Autumn’s skilled hands-on adjustments will help you find your perfect alignment.
She hopes her retreat attendees will leave her retreats with a feeling of purpose and with the ability to invite their intention into all aspects of their lives. She encourages her students to be conscious creators… to have the courage to take risks (both big and small), the courage to listen deeply to their body, to their gut, to their heart, the grace to “roll with the punches” on this messy path we call life and to be willing to laugh at ourselves when we “fail”. Learn more about Autumn’s philosophy here.
What kind of yoga practice can I expect?
- Fun alignment-based vinyasa morning practices balanced by deeply restorative evening practices
- 1.5 – 2 hour long sessions
- Sessions will occur twice a day in the morning and late afternoon
- Each session will include asana, pranayama and meditation
- Gently challenging
- New and familiar yoga asanas
- Create space and openness throughout your body
- Release stress and muscle tension
- Three optional yoga workshops: Advance Your Asana, Asana Tune-Up and Roll & Release
Fun all-levels alignment-based vinyasa yoga with time to play and try new poses… we’re serious enough as it is. Let’s find joy on and off of our mats! Every morning will conclude with a sweet Savasana or yoga nidra.
Restorative yoga with a deep emphasis on relaxation. Each evening yoga class will be a deeply restorative practice that blends elements of restorative yoga, yin yoga and therapeutic yoga. Our evening restorative class will always include bolster supported heart opening postures, hip openers, gentle twists and stretches for the hamstrings, neck and shoulders. These quiet, contemplative classes are designed to balance and restore the body, mind, and spirit. Autumn will finish evening class with a guided meditation or yoga nidra.
Autumn will be available for private yoga lessons throughout the week ($65/hr).
Have you been on a yoga retreat with Ambuja Yoga?
Have you been on a yoga retreat with Ambuja Yoga before? You’ll receive 10% off of your next retreat. Contact Ambuja Yoga for further details.
Will this be your first retreat? We would love to have you join us. We’re here to answer questions all along the way. Hesitant about attending a yoga retreat? Read about a few of the most common yoga retreat myths on our blog.
More about Urania Villas
Urania Villas is located on the mountainous island of Lefkas, near the village of Vassiliki. The cluster of luxurious villas sits high up on the hill above a tiny little private beach with views of neighboring islands and beautiful Vasiliki Bay. Although, the villas are on the southwest side of the island and close to the best beaches they also look out over a Vasiliki Bay facing the east. The sunrises are spectacular.
Ourania and her son Ilias are our wonderful hosts for the duration of the week. They are completely dedicated to making sure our week is amazing! The kindness of our hosts and the thought and care that goes into each and every detail are much appreciated.
Gorgeous pools are the name of the game here. We will have plenty of time to swim, relax poolside, read and unwind. You will be encouraged to take advantage of our scheduled excursions, but we’d also like you to listen to your body and your own wants and needs… sometimes that means enjoying some quiet pool time while the rest of the group is out and about or taking a nap while the rest of the group is at class.
The luxurious villas are in an incredibly quiet and peaceful area of the island and are surrounded by flora and fauna… if you’re lucky you might even see foxes, dolphins and owls.
What will we be eating?
The food at Urania Villas can only be described as fresh, delicious and abundant. We’ll enjoy a hearty breakfast after our morning practice each morning. The morning breakfast menu will vary but may include: eggs, cheese, meat, homemade bread, fruit, yogurt, muesli and more.
Lunches will be a lighter affair… because practicing yoga with a full belly is not much fun at all!
Dinner… the best meal of the day and three courses… including dessert! I love Greek desserts! What’s for dinner? Dinner might include stuffed peppers, grilled fish, roasted veggies, falafel, hummus, fresh salad, etc.
Important Travel Info For The Greece Yoga Retreat + Cancelation Policy
Travel Insurance is required for all international yoga retreats with Ambuja Yoga. Many policies will help cover theft, travel delays and evacuation should you need it. It may also protect you in case of trip cancellation due to illness or death of a family member.
Greece/EU Visa Requirements
For US Passport Holders
- Six months of remaining validity recommended
- One page per stamp
- Tourist visa not required for stays less than 90 days; visa required for all official and diplomatic passport holders
Canadian Passport Holders
- Canadian citizens using Canadian passports do not require a visa to enter Greece for tourism or business stays under ninety (90) days.
If you’re traveling from another country please consult with your local embassy.
Greece Yoga Retreat Reservation and Payment Policy
A 50% deposit holds your place for this retreat. Final payment must be received by June 10, 2020. Ambuja Yoga currently accepts Certified Cheques, Venmo, Paypal, Square and bookings through WeTravel.com. Reserve your space today!
Greece Yoga Retreat Cancellation Policy
- The deposit amount is refundable until December 1, 2019 less any associated bank fees. After December 1, 2019 the deposit becomes non-refundable. However, if you can fill your space your deposit may be transferred to another individual.
- If written Notice of Cancellation is received between December 2, 2019 and March 30, 2020 the refund amount will be as follows: the amount paid minus bank fees (if applicable) minus non-refundable deposit minus $100 office fee.
- If written Notice of Cancellation is received after April 1, 2020 there will be no refund granted.
- If Ambuja Yoga must cancel the retreat due to illness, death, or extenuating circumstances 100% of money (minus bank fees) paid to Ambuja Yoga will be refunded within 30 days of retreat cancellation. Ambuja Yoga is not responsible for guest’s costs and expenses incurred in preparation for any canceled trips. (Also, this has NEVER HAPPENED and I have hosted tons of retreats.)
Daily Schedule* For Our Yoga Retreat In Greece
7:30-9:15 AM Morning Yoga (Vinyasa Yoga)
9:30-10:30 AM Breakfast
10:30-4:00 PM Free Time/Hike/Swim/Lounge by pool
5:00-6:30 PM Afternoon Yoga (Restorative Flow/Workshop)
7:00-8:00 PM Dinner
8:00-? PM Free Time
*Schedule is subject to change.
Check out the Ambuja Yoga Facebook page to see updated pics, news and deals!!! Can’t wait to see you there!!!