Welcome to Ambuja Yoga! I’m so excited that you’re here. Embarking on this journey to become a yoga instructor is one of the most rewarding, humbling, exciting, and empowering things you can do for yourself.
You might be a little apprehensive about doing an online yoga teacher training, and I totally get it! You’re probably also really busy juggling work, school, family, and just barely squeezing out enough time for yourself, so an in-person training probably won’t work for you either. Yep, I’ve been there, and it is a hard position to be in! But now is the time to start putting yourself first! This is EXACTLY why I decided to start offering Yoga Teacher Training online!
Now is the time to start taking charge of your dreams, goals, and desires. You can’t afford to put them off any longer. Trust me! And you don’t need to do it all alone. It is so much easier when you have the support of a group and a mentor to guide you along the way. Let’s make your dreams a reality together. I want you to love the life you live! I want you to feel aligned with what is true for you.
I want you to know that you’re capable of achieving your dreams and you’re worthy of achieving those dreams… and you’re probably hustlin’ your buns off making ends meet. I want you to know that I see you. I see your hard work. No time is better than the present to make the shift, to dive deeper into your yoga practice, and take the seat of the teacher.
Yoga completely changed my outlook, priorities, and focus on life. I am so thankful for this practice and the many, many layers of growth that have come out of it. I want to share a little about my pre-yoga and pre-yoga teacher training journey.
I fell in love with yoga in my early 20s. It was my sanctuary. It was my escape from the chaos. My yoga practice shed light on so many, NUMEROUS, habits that were hurting me, not helping me. I loved my practice, and how I felt afterward. I was willing to give up anything, so I could get to my mat in the morning. Yoga became a journey of self-discovery. I learned to love myself and from that place of self-love, I found the strength and courage to leave an unhealthy relationship. I learned to live with authenticity. I learned to stand up for myself and what is right. I learned to seek connection and community. I learned to trust. What began as a love affair with the physical practice became a love affair of the soul.
In my early twenties, I really wanted to do my yoga teacher training, and this is going to date me, but at the time I had about TWO options: go to California (I’m an Oregon girl, so that was definitely never going to happen) or go to India. And the thought of going to India solo terrified me. And I felt like I couldn’t take a month off of work to go abroad. So I put it off… for EIGHT YEARS!!! EIGHT YEARS!!! So insane. I look back and I can’t help, but think about how doing my YTT in my early 20s versus doing my YTT in my late 20s would have shaped my life and saved so much pain and suffering.
So here is the thing, I don’t want you to have to wait until the timing is just right. I want to make your yoga teacher training not only beautiful, transformative and informative, but as easy as possible for you to complete. I want to give you the experience of a live in-person YTT while giving you the flexibility of going at your own pace, so you’re able to take in the information when you have time, whether that’s on your lunch break or after the kiddos have gone to bed.
I have literally taken ALL of the information in my live in-person 240 hour Yoga Alliance approved YTT and put into easily digestible learning formats. In addition to having access to videos, slideshows, photos, worksheets, tip sheets, audio recordings, your manual, and workbook, we will meet as a group in our digital classroom (via Zoom) one to two times per week, you’ll receive a monthly one-to-one coaching call with me, and we’ll also hang out in our private Facebook group, so you’ll have plenty of time to connect with your fellow classmates.
Yoga teacher training is a transformational journey into the heart of yoga. Whether you’re interested in becoming a yoga teacher or are ready to deepen your yoga practice, this training will guide you into a holistic understanding of this evolving practice of mind, body, spirit connection.
In this online yoga teacher training you will dive deep into the following topics:
- yogic history
- subtle body anatomy
- gross anatomy and physiology
- asana alignment and cueing
- teaching methodology & practice
- the art of sequencing: intuitive sequencing backed by modern biomechanical knowledge
- Sun Salutation modifications and alternatives
- modifications and use of props for safety and alignment
- intro to trauma-informed yoga
- how to choose a theme, refine it and weave it into the structure of a class
- pranayama (breathwork)
- meditation, mantra and mudra
- find your authentic voice and teaching style
- yoga nidra
- intro to Roll & Restore a perfect blend of restorative yoga and myofascial release
- the Chakra system
- embodying shakti and energetic healing
- introduction to Hindu mythology
- yoga and pregnancy
- The science of Ayurveda
- self-care practices
- the art of holding space
- yogic ritual
- how to develop a home yoga practice
- Goal setting and habit evolution
- how to build your yoga business and brand
I did my 200hr yoga teacher training with Autumn and it was just great! Autumn is such a lovely teacher in every aspect. She is so inspiring, she has so much knowledge and she was so welcoming and fun. The yoga teacher training with Ambuja Yoga was one of the best experiences in my life and I am so happy to have chosen it. Autumn was empowering and gave us courage on beginning our journey. We learned so much and the training was so well structured. It was not only practice and not just studying, it was learning for life, it was yoga as a whole. A journey through the body, mind and soul and I got the tools and training to grow and shine and also to teach & inspire others. I am so grateful for the connections I have made with Autumn and Toni and the other students. So many inspiring people and such an empowering experience. Something I will remember and be grateful for all my life and I know I can reach out to Autumn any time. Lots of love and thank you so much Autumn
What’s the Investment?
- Online Yoga Teacher Training: $1950 USD*
- Online Yoga Teacher Training PLUS attendance at one of the 2020 Back to Nature Women’s retreats in Oregon $2200 USD
*Scholarships and partial trades may be available. Please contact Autumn via the contact form.
What’s Included in the Online Yoga Teacher Training?
- 350+ page Ambuja Yoga 200+ hr Yoga Teacher Training Manual
- Ambuja Yoga 200 hr. Yoga Teacher Training Workbook
- Welcome packet and How to Take This Course Guide
- Lifetime access to all of the Ambuja Yoga Teacher Training online course materials
- Access to the private YTT Facebook group
- Monthly one-to-one mentorship and coaching throughout the training
- The Bhagavad Gita translated by Stephen Mitchell
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali translated by Sri Swami Satchidananda
- The Path of the Yoga Sutras by Nicolai Bachman
- Laws of Spirit by Dan Millman
- The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice by T.K.V. Desikachar
- Meta Anatomy by Kristin Leal
- Awakening Shakti by Sally Kempton
- Anatomy of the Spirit by Caroline Myss
- Chakras: Energy Centers of Transformation by Harish Johari
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
- Anatomy of Movement by Blandine Calais-Germain
Online YTT Live Call Dates
- Week 1
- Tuesday 9/1 5:30-7:30 pm Intro Call
- Thursday 9/3 12:00- 1:00 pm Office Hours
- Thursday 9/3 5:30-7:30 pm
- Week 2
- Tuesday 9/8 12:00- 1:00 pm Practice
- Tuesday 9/8 5:30- 7:30 pm
- Thursday 9/10 12:00- 1:00 pm Office Hours
- Thursday 9/10 PM — No Call
- Week 3
- Tuesday 9/15 12:00- 1:00 pm Practice
- Tuesday 9/15 5:30- 7:30 pm
- Thursday 9/17 12:00- 1:00 pm Office Hours
- Thursday 9/17 5:30-7:30 pm
- Week 4: OFF
- Week 5
- Tuesday 9/29 12:00- 1:00 pm Practice
- Tuesday 9/29 5:30- 7:30 pm
- Thursday 10/1 12:00- 1:00 pm Office Hours
- Thursday 10/1 5:30-7:30 pm
- Week 6
- Tuesday 10/6 12:00- 1:00 pm Practice
- Tuesday 10/6 5:30- 7:30 pm
- Thursday 10/8 12:00- 1:00 pm Office Hours
- Thursday 10/8 5:30-7:30 pm
- Week 7
- Tuesday 10/13 12:00- 1:00 pm Practice
- Tuesday 10/13 5:30- 7:30 pm
- Thursday 10/15 12:00- 1:00 pm Office Hours
- Thursday 10/15 5:30-7:30 pm
- Week 8: OFF
- Week 9
- Tuesday 10/27 12:00- 1:00 pm Practice
- Tuesday 10/27 5:30- 7:30 pm
- Thursday 10/29 12:00- 1:00 pm Office Hours
- Thursday 10/29 5:30-7:30 pm
- Week 10
- Tuesday 11/3 12:00- 1:00 pm Practice
- Tuesday 11/3 5:30- 7:30 pm
- Thursday 11/5 12:00- 1:00 pm Office Hours
- Thursday 11/5 5:30-7:30 pm
- Week 11
- Tuesday 11/10 12:00- 1:00 pm Practice
- Tuesday 11/10 5:30- 7:30 pm
- Thursday 11/12 12:00- 1:00 pm Office Hours
- Thursday 11/12 5:30-7:30 pm
- Week 12: OFF
- Week 13
- Tuesday 11/24 12:00- 1:00 pm Practice
- Tuesday 11/24 5:30- 7:30 pm
- Thursday 11/26 THANKSGIVING — NO CLASS
- Thursday 11/26 THANKSGIVING — NO CLASS
- Week 14
- Tuesday 12/1 12:00- 1:00 pm Practice
- Tuesday 12/1 5:30- 7:30 pm
- Thursday 12/3 12:00- 1:00 pm Office Hours
- Thursday 12/3 5:30-7:30 pm
- Week 15
- Tuesday 12/8 12:00- 1:00 pm Practice
- Tuesday 12/8 5:30- 7:30 pm
- Thursday 12/10 12:00- 1:00 pm Office Hours
- Thursday 12/10 5:30-7:30 pm
- Week 3
- Week 7
- Week 11
Meet Your Instructors
Autumn Adams, RYT 500, E-RYT 200, PCNYT, YACEP
Autumn founded Ambuja Yoga in 2014 as a way to share her love of yoga, travel and adventure, as well as a way to cultivate intention, courage and grace in her students. She hopes her students will leave with a feeling of purpose and with the ability to invite their intention into all aspects of their lives.
Autumn encourages her students to be conscious creators… to have the courage to take risks (both big and small), to listen deeply to their body, to their gut, to their heart and the grace to “roll with the punches” on this messy path we call life. Learn more about Ambuja Yoga by reading this letter from Autumn, founder of Ambuja Yoga.
Autumn is committed to her own yoga education and continues to study and grow as a teacher. She felt called to become a yoga teacher in the early 2000s, but it took her until 2014 to commit to a yoga teacher training. As they say, when the student is ready, the teacher appears. Autumn completed her 200 hour yoga teacher training with Jeannie Laslo-Douglas of Yoga Indigo in Bend, Oregon in 2014.
She furthered her studies with a 300 hour yoga teacher training with Everett Newell of Zuna Yoga at The Yoga Barn in Bali, Indonesia in 2015. The same year she completed an 85 hour prenatal yoga course with Shana Celnicker-Chong of the Bhaktishop in Portland, Oregon. In 2018, she completed her Level 1 and Level 2 certifications in Thai Yoga Massage at the International Thai Massage Training School in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
Autumn is passionate about teaching yoga teachers how to teach authentically. She loves empowering and mentoring them along their journey as teachers and leaders in their community. She keeps her teachings real, approachable, and accessible. Autumn has led three yoga teacher trainings in Bend, Oregon in 2018 and two additional trainings in Santa Barbara, California. She looks forward to sharing her love of yoga with the online community.
Online Yoga Teacher Training FAQ
My schedule is pretty busy. How many hours will I need to dedicate to yoga teacher training each week?
You should plan on dedicating between eight and fourteen hours of yoga teacher training work per week. This hourly estimate includes: live calls, online video lectures and tutorials, reading and writing assignments, other homework assignments, practice teaching and yoga practice.
What if I can’t make all of the live calls?
All of the live classes are recorded and uploaded to the teacher training portal, so you can watch any of the classes you miss. To receive your certificate you are required to attend at least 80% of the live calls, which means you can miss the other 20%, or approximately 8 hours, which breaks down to about 3-4 calls. Of course, you’re encouraged to attend all of the calls, but I totally understand that life happens.
Do you offer a payment plan?
Yes, of course! A $500 deposit reserves your spot in the digital yoga teacher training course. If you would like to be on a payment plan, here is our payment schedule: $450 on February 5th, $450 on March 5th, and $450 on April 5th.
What’s required to graduate?
Completion of all modules, assigned homework, group participation, and attendance at 80% of the live calls within 18 months of course start date.
I’m worried about feeling isolated or going through this training alone. How can I connect with others?
You will have plenty of opportunities to connect with other trainees and your teacher! We connect via live calls, chatting in our exclusive Facebook group, one-to-one coaching, small group activities, and accountability partners. We’ve got you covered! It is super important to me that all of my students feel a sense of community and support!
Is this training Yoga Alliance registered?
Unfortunately, Yoga Alliance does not currently recognize online yoga teacher trainings. It is important to note, that this yoga teacher training exceeds the Yoga Alliance curriculum, it’s just not done “in-person”. As you’ve already found out though, we will have plenty of live, “in-person” calls. Yoga Alliance is a registration, not a certification board and yes, you can still teach without being registered with Yoga Alliance. On that same note, Ambuja Yoga Teacher Trainings is a registered yoga school with the Yoga Alliance. If at some point in the future, you would like to attend a live, in-person, yoga teacher training with Ambuja Yoga (so you can register with Yoga Alliance) you can attend without paying for another training. You just cover your room and board.
How on earth do you teach yoga poses online?
The internet is amazing! Digital media is amazing! We use a combination of photos, videos, diagrams and a few other rad teaching tools to demonstrate the nuances of teaching asana.
Will I receive feedback on my teaching and progress?
Absolutely. Constructive feedback, or what I like to call “Glows and Grows”, is a cornerstone of this teacher training. I want you to come out of this training feeling like you are a kick-ass yoga teacher with a rockin’ personal practice! Feedback is given during live calls, in the Facebook group, and during one-on-ones. Feedback is also given on homework and written assignments.
Is this yoga teacher training based in science or is it all “woo”?
This YTT merges the scientific with the spiritual. We discuss the scientific benefits of a yoga practice, from the poses to meditation, pranayama, and even diet and sleep. On the other hand, there is no way to deny that yoga can provide a deep transformation at the spiritual level, so we jump right into yoga philosophy, the subtle body, and so much more.
What if I can’t get all of the online course material completed by our last call?
You have eighteen months from our first call to complete your course material and receive your teaching certificate and you have lifetime access to all of the digital material and the YTT Facebook group. I genuinely want you to succeed. If you need support or assistance, please reach out. As one of my teachers says, “Reach out before you tweak out.”