Deciding on what type of yoga retreat to attend is a big decision. Being clear about what your needs and wants are regarding your yoga holiday will ensure that you book the retreat that is perfect for you right now. I’m hoping these questions will help you choose your next yoga retreat.
Here are some questions to ask yourself before you write the check for your next yoga retreat:
- How much time do I have available?
- What’s my budget?
- Do I want a luxury retreat, a budget retreat, or something in between?
- Do I want an active retreat or a restorative yoga retreat?
- Do I want lots of scheduled downtime or lots of activities?
- Do I prefer to be around all women/men or both sexes equally?
- What type of yoga do I currently practice? Vinyasa, hatha, Bikram, Yin, Ashtanga, etc.
- Do I want a detox retreat or would I like the occasional wine, beer, cocktail?
- Do I need special accommodations? Private room? ADA accessible?
- How important are beach and/or pool access?
- Am I looking to expand my yoga practice beyond the asana practice?
- Do I need a payment plan to afford a retreat?
- Where am I comfortable traveling to? Country? Developed or developing nations? Be specific.
- Do I need three square meals a day? What other types of needs do I have regarding meals? Vegetarian? Vegan? Gluten-free? Dairy-free? Organic? Juice cleanse?
- What’s my honest experience level in my asana practice? Beginner? Intermediate? Advanced?
- Am I open to chanting, meditation, sharing circles, spiritual work?
- What’s my tolerance for creepy crawlers? Bugs, snakes, birds, etc.
- Will I be traveling alone, couple, group of friends?
- How do I feel in group settings? Do I prefer smaller groups or larger groups?
- Do I have any special sleep requirements?
- Do I need WIFI? If yes, how much access do I need?
- What add-ons are important to me? Massage? Snorkeling? Hiking? Surfing? Life coaching? Meditation? Etc.
Sincerely wishing you the best of luck as you research your yoga retreat!
Love and Light,
Latest posts by Autumn Adams (see all)
- 11 Important Questions to Ask Before Choosing Your Yoga Instructor Course - March 14, 2018
- Good Sleep Hygiene Begins with Healthy Sleep Habits and Your Evening Routine - March 12, 2018
- Time Management for Yoga Instructors - February 8, 2018