Hello yogis and fellow veggie lovers! Here is one of my new favorite weeknight vegetarian recipes. It’s super easy and takes less than thirty minutes to make… maybe even less than 20 if you don’t dilly dally and goof off while you’re making dinner. Hope you love this super easy vegetarian cauliflower fried rice as much as I do!
Did you know that one cup of cauliflower provides over 70% of your daily vitamin C requirement? Yep, it’s true. Cauliflower is also a good source of Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Folate and Potassium. It even has a little bit of protein (2 grams in one cup). Who knew?
Quick and Easy Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 1 large carrot, chopped up into smallish pieces
- 1 big handful of snow peas, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1- 1 1/2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari (or regular soy sauce)
- white pepper, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- chili pepper flakes, to taste
- toasted sesame seeds to garnish
- diced green onions to garnish
- cilantro sprigs
- Prep your cauliflower. Cut the heads of the cauliflower off and feed the heads and top of the stem through the grater on your food processor. You might also be able to use a blender on pulse or hand grate using a cheese grater (but who has time for that). (1-2 minutes)
- In a 10-12 inch saute pan, add about 2 teaspoons of your oil (not two tablespoons!) and heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, shallot and carrots to your pan. Saute until the shallots are transparent and the carrots have softened just a bit. (~ 5 minutes)
- Add the remaining sesame oil, cauliflower rice, and snow peas to the pan. Turn the heat up to medium-high and saute another 7-9 minutes until the cauliflower is cooked, but not mushy. (7-9 minutes)
- Create a well in the center of your pan by pushing all of the cauliflower rice to the side and add your whisk eggs to the well. Allow your eggs to cook a bit and then fold them into the rice. (2 minutes)
- Add your tamari and adjust to taste. You may also like to add sea salt, white pepper, or chili pepper flakes at this point too.
- Plate your fried rice and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and green onions.
- Enjoy your cauliflower fried rice!
Love cauliflower? Craving something to warm you up on a cool fall or winter evening? Check out my Hazelnut and Cauliflower Soup. It’s also delicious and surprisingly healthy.
- Gratitude Revolution: Simple Ways to Spark Joy in Your Life - November 21, 2023
- Yoga and the Immune System - May 17, 2021
- Could a Yoga Retreat in Greece be Your Next Girl’s Trip? - March 10, 2021