I bet you’re excited to start prepping for your upcoming yoga retreat. Here I have created a yoga retreat packing list based on the yoga retreat I am leading in the mountains of Nicaragua in April 2019.
- What time of year is the yoga retreat? Is it the dry season or the rainy season? Winter or summer?
- Where is my yoga retreat located? In the mountains? In the jungle? By the ocean?
- What extra activities are in the itinerary? Wine tasting? Snorkeling? Surfing? Hiking? Canoeing?
- Do I need to travel light or can I pack whatever I’d like?
- How many yoga practices will we do per day?
- Is laundry service available?
- Is it easy to buy essentials/extras that I forgot at home?
- Is the yoga retreat luxury, budget, adventure, etc?
- What is the climate like? Tropical, temperate, rain forest, desert, etc.
- Are mats, blocks, straps provided?
Here is an example Nicaragua Yoga Retreat Packing List for our Yoga in the Clouds: Yoga Retreat in Nicaragua.
To answer the previous questions.
The Nicaragua yoga retreat is in the highlands of Nicaragua in the cloud forest. February is the dry season in Nicaragua, but since the retreat takes place in the mountains it is a bit cooler and there could be a chance of rain. Extra activities include hiking, birding, visiting a local school and a women’s collective. Attendees are encouraged to bring what they need for two practices per day and clothing for additional activities and lounging. Laundry service isn’t available and it isn’t “easy” to purchase things left at home since the eco-lodge is located in a remote section of the Nicaraguan highlands. The retreat is casual. No makeup or hairdryers necessary. Climate is tropical and lush with moderate humidity.
Nicaragua Yoga Retreat Packing List for Yoga in the Clouds
- Yoga Stuff
- Yoga mat
- Mat towel (if you tend to get sweaty like me)
- Yoga Clothing
- Yoga pants (4-7 pairs)
- Yoga shorts (1-2 pairs)
- Yoga tops (tanks/t-shirts) (5-7)
- Long Sleeve Tops for layering (1-2)
- Underwear and Sports Bras
- Regular Clothing
- Shorts for hiking (1-2)
- Pants for hiking (1)
- Tanks and T-shirts (4-6)
- Shorts/Pants for lounging (2-3)
- Pajamas (1)
- Rain jacket (1)
- Socks (2-3)
- Hiking shoes
- Bug spray
- Anti-itch creme
- Medication (prescriptions, antihistamine, ibuprofen, pepto/imodium, etc.)
- Eye drops/contacts/contacts solution
- Feminine hygiene products
- Face wash
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Essential oil (?)
- Spending money for additional trips/excursions/gratuities/alcohol, souvenirs
- Cash to tip tour guides, drivers, etc.
- Refillable water bottle
- Debit/credit card (make sure to let your bank know you’ll be in Nicaragua)
- ID card
- Flashlight or headlamp *don’t forget*
- Camera or cellphone with a good camera
- A packet of laundry detergent if you need to wash anything mid-week
Did I forget anything? Shoot me a message and I will add it to the yoga retreat packing list.
Love and Light,
Latest posts by Autumn Adams (see all)
- Manipura Chakra: Confidence and Personal Power - April 24, 2019
- Svadhisthana Chakra: Creation and Sexuality - March 23, 2019
- Muladhara Chakra: Safety and Security in an Uncertain World - March 12, 2019