A yoga retreat is more than just yoga, it’s the entire experience. Our Back to Nature Portugal yoga retreat seamlessly blends our yoga practice with a fully immersive experience that connects you with the elements of nature through yoga, surf, hiking, adventure, self-care and cultural experiences. And we have a ton of fun. From the very first day of the retreat, you will experience our typical camaraderie and develop friendships that will last a lifetime.
The combination of yoga, adventure, nourishing meals and our crew of high-vibin’ awesome yogis will make any anxiety about the trip or stress from work or home-life seem like a distant memory. Our retreats are the perfect way to raise your vibration, experience true joy and have a great week away. We keep it real and we expect that you’ll do the same.
Our yoga retreat in Portugal is hosted at a beautiful quinta (traditional country house) in the tiny village of Columbeira, located in the hills of Portugal’s Centro region near the beaches of Baleal. Columbeira is a bit off-the-beaten-path, but only 45 minutes from Lisbon and a short jaunt to the beach, the medieval town of Obidos, nearby hiking trails and neighboring wineries and vineyards. We get all of the benefits of being disconnected from the hustle and bustle of city life, but with loads of activities nearby to keep us happy.
Back to Nature Portugal Yoga Retreat Dates
Saturday, June 15-Sunday, June 22, 2019
What does the Portugal Yoga Retreat Include:
- 7 nights accommodation
- Twice daily yoga sessions (90-120 minutes each)
- Roll & Restore (myofascial self-massage workshop)
- Asana Tune-Up Workshop
- Advance Your Asana Workshop
- Guided yoga nidra (yogic sleep)
- A day trip to the medieval, walled city of Obidos and wine tasting at a local vineyard
- A surf lesson and one additional beach day
- A light breakfast plus two delicious nutritious vegetarian meals per day
- Local red and white wines with dinner
- Unlimited herbal teas, water and a selection of fresh fruit are available throughout the day
- Transportation from Lisbon to our retreat destination
- Carefully curated goodie bag
- Detailed retreat packing list and pre-arrival retreat checklist
- Access to an exclusive retreat attendee Facebook group to connect with other attendees before the retreat begins and stay connected afterward
What does the Portugal Yoga Retreat Exclude:
- Your travel to Lisbon
- Additional surf lessons or excursions
- Massage treatments
- Souvenirs or expenses of a personal nature
Who is our Portugal Yoga Retreat for?
- real people: people that love yoga, but also love having a sundowner
- yogis that want to go deeper in their practice
- yogis that want an asana tune-up
- adventurous types… or those that want to be more adventurous
- those who love nature and wildlife
- those who want to celebrate this awesome thing we call life!
- those that want to travel with a like-minded community
- those that need a technology detox
- those that love the mountains as much as they love the sea
- those that need to RELAX… there are only two mandatory events the whole 8 days!
- those who need a shift, an ignition, or a jumpstart in life, work, etc.
Who is our Portugal Yoga Retreat not for?
- those who want to party every night
- those who have no yoga experience (yogis should have a basic understanding of standing postures and a willingness to explore and play on their mat)
- those who don’t want to support others in their growth on and off their mat (we’re all about community, connection, and support)
Portugal Yoga Retreat Rates
- $1298 USD per person based on double occupancy
Shared Twin Room (sleeps 2)
(4 rooms available)
- $1398 USD per person based on double occupancy
Double Occupancy Room (great for a couple)
(2 rooms available)
- $1398 USD per person based on double occupancy
Large Twin Room With Ensuite and Terrace (sleeps 2)
(1 room available)
- $1520 USD per person based on double occupancy
Large Triple Room With Ensuite and Terrace (sleeps 3)(2 rooms available)
- $1498 USD per person based on double occupancy
(only 2 available)
- $1798 USD per person
Registration Opens June 5, 2018
** Start a payment plan now! First payment of only $200 holds your spot. Payment plans are available for those who book by September 1, 2018**
** Discounts and unpublished rates available for newsletter recipients.**
Meet Your Yoga Instructor
Autumn founded Ambuja Yoga in 2014 as a way to not only share her love of yoga, travel, and adventure, but as a way to cultivate intention, courage, joy, and grace in her students. She hopes her retreat attendees will leave her retreats with a feeling of purpose and with the ability to invite their intention into all aspects of their lives. She encourages her students to be conscious creators… to have the courage to take risks (both big and small), the courage to listen deeply to their body, to their gut, to their heart and the grace to “roll with the punches” on this messy path we call life. Learn more about Autumn’s philosophy here.
What kind of yoga practice can I expect?
- Alignment based vinyasa yoga
- Restorative yoga with a deep emphasis on relaxation
- 1.5 – 2 hour long sessions
- Sessions will occur twice a day in the morning and late afternoon
- Each session will include asana, pranayama, and meditation
- Gently challenging and thoughtfully sequenced classes
- Mindful hands-on assists and adjustments
- New and familiar yoga asanas
- Your practice will create space and openness throughout your body
- Your practice will reduce stress and muscle tension
- Three optional yoga workshops: Asana Tune-Up, Advance Your Asana and Roll & Restore
- Buddha Retreats has a fully equipped yoga studio and an outdoor practice space for us to use during our daily yoga sessions. We’ll have access to tons of props to make our vinyasa practices more accessible and our restorative practices more restorative.
Your Home Away From Home During The Portugal Yoga Retreat
Buddha Retreats, our home away from home, is located in Columbeira. This picturesque village is about 45 minutes from both Lisbon and Leiria and about 20 minutes from the surfing beaches at Baleal (Peniche). As the story goes, the home was previously lived in by a Buddhist monk and the local villages called the house “the Buddha house” … and that’s where the name Buddha Retreats came from.
The owners of Buddha Retreats have created a sanctuary away from the city; a place to recharge, to relax, to play and to simply be ourselves.
Meals at Buddha Retreats
Meals at Buddha Retreats are absolutely delicious. Throughout the week, you will be served a variety of delicious vegetarian meals with produce sourced from the on-site garden and local market. If you’re a meat eater, don’t worry … I don’t think you will miss it, the food is that good! During our mid-week day trip to Obidos, you will have an opportunity to taste some of Portugal’s traditional dishes and it’s famous cherry liqueur.
Dinners are served with complimentary locally produced red and white wine.
Surfing in Baleal, Portugal
The areas of Baleal and Peniche are two of Portugal’s most popular surf destinations. The shape of the bay and the two peninsulas create multiple different waves, some suitable for beginners and others suitable for more intermediate or advanced surfers. During the month of June the water temperature is about 19°C, while the air temp is around 25°C. For most people, a 3/2 wetsuit does the trick. Don’t worry about packing your wetsuit, board or wax… it’s all provided for you. On that same note, feel free to bring them if you would like. If you’re bringing your own board(s), please let us know in advance.