Bend, Oregon Prenatal Yoga
Ambuja Yoga offers prenatal yoga class in Bend on Sunday afternoons at Midtown Juniper Yoga. This class is appropriate for all trimesters. Drop-ins always welcome. (Group class temporarily canceled).
Autumn’s prenatal classes are inspired by her teacher Shana Celnicker Chong with whom Autumn completed 85+ hours of Prenatal Yoga Training, and also Katy Bowman of Nutritiousmovement.com, and Gail Tully of Spinning Babies.
Here are some of the many benefits of a prenatal yoga practice:
- Develops stamina, strength & balance
- Relieves tension in the neck, shoulders, hips and lower back
- Tones the pelvic floor
- Deepens connection with your growing baby
- Provides a support system and sense of community/sisterhood
- Calms the nervous system and reduces stress
- Teaches breathing techniques to calm the mind and reduce pain
- Improves confidence
- Healthy mama, healthy baby.
- Prepares the body for labor and delivery.
Autumn is available for Prenatal Yoga via Skype or Facetime.
Sunday 11:30am-12:45pmtemporarily canceled
- Where: Midtown Juniper Yoga Bend, 369 NE Revere Ave., Bend, Oregon
- Investment: $15 drop-in; $50 4 class pass
- What to bring: Your yoga mat and a bottle of water. (Yoga mats are available for rent.) Anything else you feel like you may need.
Scholarships and/or Sliding Scale are available for mama’s who can prove financial need. Please contact Autumn directly for more information.
As of January 2016 I am available for private and small group prenatal yoga sessions in Central Oregon, including Bend, Redmond, Prineville, Sunriver, Tumalo and Sisters. Please contact me for more detailed information.
Looking for a Doula in Bend?
Elisa Wiley is a wonderful doula in training. Here is her contact information:
A note from Elisa:
If you’re pregnant and your EDD is anytime after the 2nd week in May, I’d love to meet with you for a free consultation! My doula services will be significantly reduced during my certification process, so the first 4 clients I take on will get a great deal.
What you’ll get when hiring me as your doula:
At least 2 prenatal visits in which we will get prepared for your birth – work through any fears you or your partner may have, create a birth plan, talk about pain management, education on the different stages of labor, unlimited text/email/phone support from the moment you hire me, and uninterrupted labor support.
I will be there for you unconditionally, both physically and emotionally, as well as helping you and your partner understand what is happening, from the moment you feel you need me once labor starts. 1 postpartum visit to discuss and process the birth, help with writing a birth story if desired, answer any questions you may have, and provide emotional support.