Join Ambuja Yoga for our Third Annual Women’s “Glamping” Back to Nature Yoga Retreat Sunday July 17 to Tuesday July 19, 2016. This all-inclusive three day retreat is designed to help you unwind, deepen your yoga practice, and enjoy Oregon’s beautiful outdoors. Our original retreat scheduled for July 15-17, 2016 sold out so quickly we will be offering a second retreat from July 17-19, 2016.
This all-inclusive retreat will be held just outside of Eugene, Oregon at the Tipi Village Retreat in Marcola. The Tipi Village Retreat, nestled within the woods, is the perfect place for our “glamping” retreat as we celebrate the dog days of summer with creekside outdoor yoga, a beautiful local day-hike, and gourmet al fresco meals. At night you will find comfort within one of the Tipi Village’s beautiful tipis or cozy indoor rooms.
On this retreat you will deepen your yoga practice, recharge your soul, and find greater gratitude, allowing you to shine your light and share your love on and off the mat.
“You cannot pour from an empty cup.” ~ Unknown
Friday July 15, 2016 – Sunday July 17, 2016 (sold out)
Sunday July 17 – Tuesday July 19, 2016
Back to Nature Women’s Yoga Retreat Includes:
- All Meals (2 B, 1 L, 2 D)
- Water, coffee, Metolius Tea Apothecary loose leaf tea and Yogi hot tea, Metolius Tea Apothecary cold brewed tea, and Pacific Northwest wines
- 4 x 90 minute yoga sessions
- Guided meditation and yoga nidra (deep relaxation/yogic sleep)
- Customized essential oil blend
- Optional hike to a local swimming hole
- Two nights accommodation at the Tipi Village Retreat or at the Play Farm
- Gift bag of local goodies.
Back to Nature Women’s Yoga Retreat Excludes:
- Transportation to/from the Tipi Village Retreat
- Hard Alcohol and Beer
- Junk Food
Women’s Yoga Retreat Pricing Per Person:
- Double Occupancy: $370/pp
- Single Occupancy: $455/pp
- Ensuite: add $50 per room
New Budget Option: Shared Tipi- Sleeps 4-8 people on 2 Double Beds and 4-6 Sleeping Mats.
- Double Bed- Shared: $280/pp
- Double Bed- Non- Sharing: $380/pp
- Single Foam Sleeping Mat: $260/pp**
- ** For those who choose the foam sleeping mat option you will need to bring your own sleeping bag. A towel and pillow will be provided.**
- Double Occupancy: This option is perfect for two friends or sisters; with a shared queen bed
- Single Occupancy: This option is perfect if you know you need alone time. You get a full size bed all to yourself.
- Shared Tipi: Perfect for those on a tighter budget that still want a weekend getaway or a group of friends. Sleeps 4-8.
Overflow Housing at Play Farm
When accommodation at the Tipi Village is full we will offer accommodation next door at Play Farm where we have an additional two rooms + one tipi. Play Farm is owned and operated by Holly Piper and daughter Emma Piper-Burket. Holly is good friends with the owner of the Tipi Village Retreat, their two businesses blend seamlessly together and not only share a driveway, but the warmth and love that only friends and family can offer.
- Double Occupancy: $370/pp
- Single Occupancy: $455/pp
Weekend Yoga Schedule
|3:30 pm||Check-in opens (rooms may be available earlier)|
|5:00-6:45 pm||Welcome Circle and Evening Yoga (gentle hatha flow+yin)|
|8:45-9:15pm||Essential Oil Blending (Bring your roller-ball with you to dinner) & Affirmations|
|6:15-7:00am||Coffee and Tea available|
|7:00- 8:30am||Yoga (energizing vinyasa flow)(Wear layers & bring socks)|
|10:00-4:00pm||Opportunity for relaxation, hike to local swimming hole, explore Marcola or Eugene, enjoy a massage, soak at Belknap Hot Springs (75 min drive each way), schedule a private yoga session, etc. Light lunch will be provided.|
|4:00-6:30pm||Evening Yoga (gentle hatha flow + yin/restorative) and Yoga Nidra|
|8:00-10:00pm||Free time, relax by fire pit (journal, soak, shower, etc.)|
|6:15-7:00am||Coffee and Tea available|
|7:00- 8:45am||Yoga (energizing vinyasa flow)with Extended Yoga Nidra (Wear layers & bring socks)|
|11:30am-12:00pm||Closing Gratitude Circle|
We do not have a group coming in behind us, so there is no rush to leave on Tuesday afternoon; you’re encouraged to take your time, relax and enjoy this beautiful space.
Reservations and Payment Information
To reserve your spot contact Autumn through our contact form, fill out the Student Health and Liability Waiver, the Retreat Registration Form and send your non-refundable deposit or pay for your retreat in full. Please contact Autumn if you will be paying only your non-refundable deposit at this time or if you would like to be on a payment plan; otherwise you will find your registration forms and Paypal payment information here.
You may pay for your retreat via Paypal, Square, check (Oregon residents), Certified Cheque/Cashiers Check or cash (Central Oregon residents). Payment plans are available upon request.
50% non-refundable deposit holds your place; full payment due by July 1, 2016.
Ambuja Yoga Retreat Payment, Refund & Cancellation Policy:
- The deposit amount is non-refundable. However, if you can find someone to fill your space the non-refundable deposit can be transferred to another individual.
- If written Notice of Cancellation is received at least 30 days prior to the retreat start date the full amount paid less the non-refundable deposit will be refunded.
- If written Notice of Cancellation is received within 30 days of retreat start date there will be no refund granted.
- If Ambuja Yoga must cancel the retreat due to illness, death, or extenuating circumstances 100% of money paid to Ambuja Yoga will be refunded within 30 days of retreat cancellation. Ambuja Yoga is not responsible for guests’ costs & expenses incurred in preparation for any canceled retreats.
- Final payment must be received by 7/1/16 unless otherwise authorized by Ambuja Yoga.
Oregon Back to Nature Women’s Retreat Travel Information
Travel Routes and Travel Tips
Flying into Eugene, Oregon
The following airlines fly into Eugene (EUG):
- United Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Allegiant Air
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- US Airways
Airport Pick-up and drop-off is $25/each way and takes approximately 45 minutes. Airport pick-up and drop-off can be arranged directly through the Tipi Village at email@example.com.
Driving Directions From Portland, Oregon to the Tipi Village Retreat (2 hrs. without traffic. There seems to be tons of traffic on Fridays leaving Portland, please leave with ample time. Each year we have people that arrive late.)
1. From Portland take I-5 South approx. 80 miles to Exit 216 (OR-228 E)
2. Turn left onto OR-228 E. Follow OR-228 E through Brownsville and Crawfordsville.
3. On the other side of Crawfordsville, turn right onto Brush Creek Rd., which turns into Marcola Rd. at the county line.
4. After approx. 13 mi. turn left onto Paschelke Rd. for approx 1.3 miles
5. Turn left onto Wendling Rd.
6. Look for the wooden Tipi Village Retreat sign on the left after approx. 2 miles.
7. Turn into the driveway and cross the wooden bridge.
8. The Tipi Village Retreat is on the right.
9. When you pull in follow the drive into the forested area for parking.
From Bend, Oregon to the Tipi Village Retreat (2.5 hrs. without traffic)
1. Take Hwy. 20 W for approx. 95 miles to Sweethome
2. Turn Left on OR-228 W/ Holley Rd.
3. After 7.8 mi. turn left onto Brush Creek Rd., which turns into Marcola Rd. at the county line.
4. After about 13 mi. turn left onto Paschelke Rd.
5. Continue on Paschelke Rd. for about 1.5 miles.
6. Turn Left on Wendling Rd.
7. Continue on Wendling Rd for approx 2 miles. Keep your eyes open for a wooden sign that says the Tipi Village Retreat on the left.
8. Pull in the driveway and cross the wooden bridge. The Tipi Village Retreat will be on the right.9. Continue up the drive into the forest, where you will find space for parking.
Please give yourself extra driving time. Each year one or two guests end up getting stuck in the Portland-Salem traffic or get stuck behind a slow moving vehicle going over the pass from Bend. The Opening Circle begins promptly at 5:00 pm on Sunday evening.
Arrival and Departure Information
Please plan on arriving at the Tipi Village Retreat no later than 4:30pm on Sunday July 17, 2016. You may arrive as early as 3:00pm.
When arranging your travel please do not schedule flights, etc. before noon on Tuesday 19, 2016.
**It is possible to stay an extra day before or after the retreat.**
Travel Insurance is not required. I do recommend travel insurance for those who will be flying into PDX or EUG. Travel insurance may protect against missed flights, cancelations, injuries, etc.
If you are a citizen of a country other than the US please contact your local embassy for visa requirements.
General Information and FAQ
1. Where is the Tipi Village Retreat?
It’s 30 minutes outside of Eugene, Oregon in the town of Marcola. About a two hour drive from Portland and a 2 1/2 hour drive from Bend.
2. I have a couple of dietary restrictions. Will I be accommodated?
We will do our best to accommodate all dietary restrictions. Please let us know ahead of time, so we can plan accordingly. Do I need to bring my own food? No, you don’t need to bring any food with you. All meals and beverages are included.
3. May I pick my roommate?
Yes, please let us know your preferred roommate on your retreat registration form.
4. What are the tipis like?
The tipis are approximately 15-20 feet across. Each tipi has a queen or full size bed, warm bedding, and beautiful rugs covering a stone floor.
5. I’m worried about the hike. Will it be too challenging?
The hike will be easy in intensity. You should plan on hiking at a rate of about 2 mph.
6. What should I pack?
Pack layers. The days will probably be warm, while the nights cool. You will want comfy clothes that don’t restrict movement for yoga. No need to bring anything fancy. No need for make-up or hair products either. You will want to bring a light jacket/rain jacket depending on weather. You may want to bring a swimsuit for an evening soak in the hot tub. You will also want to pack comfortable hiking shoes/boots that you have already broken in. You may also want to pack a camera.
7. Is there drinking water available?
Yes, the Tipi Village has their own well and the water is fantastic. I encourage everyone to bring a refillable water bottle to use throughout the retreat and especially during the hike.
8. Do I need to bring my own props and mat?
Do I need to bring my own props/mat? Please bring a yoga mat and any props that you normally use ie. block, strap, bolster etc. I will provide a few extra mats (10) for those who are traveling from out of town. I will provide 1 block, 1 strap, and 1 blanket per attendee.
9. When is full payment due?
Final payment is due by July 1, 2016.
10. When is my deposit due?
Your non-refundable deposit is due at reservation signing.
11. Is my deposit refundable?
No, the deposit is not refundable. If you can fill your space you will be able to transfer your deposit to that individual.
12. I am new to yoga. Will this retreat be a good fit?
The yoga classes taught will be all-levels. I will emphasize modifications to make postures more accessible and/or more challenging.
13. What type of yoga will be taught?
Friday evening: Gentle Flow followed by a more restorative Yin practice w/ Yoga Nidra Saturday morning: Energizing Vinyasa Flow Saturday evening: Gently Flow followed by a more restorative Yin practice w/ Yoga Nidra Sunday: Energizing Vinyasa Flow Will meditation be taught? Yes, meditation will be taught Saturday morning. And there will be time to practice meditation on your own.
14. Anything else I should know? This retreat is designed to let you completely unplug from the outside world. No phones, computers, etc. Each day we will get a chance to practice mindfulness, as we practice staying in the present moment.
15. Is there Wifi/ Cell Service?
Cell service is spotty, but present. There is no Wifi at the Tipi Village Retreat.
16. Is there electricity in the tipis?
All of the tipis, but 2 have electricity. The tipis without electricity are lit by candlelight.
17. How is the weather in July?
In July you can count on warm to hot days (80-95° F) and cool nights (40-55°F). The chance of rain during this time of year is slim, but it is the Pacific Northwest. I encourage you to check the weather forecast before you leave home.
18. Is gratuity included?
Gratuity is included in your rate. In previous years guests have wanted to show their appreciation by offering additional gratuity; if you feel inclined an extra $5-$15 would be adequate.
19. When can I schedule a private yoga session?
Private and small group yoga sessions can be scheduled for Monday afternoon or Tuesday afternoon in 60, 75, or 90 minute blocks ($65, $75, and $85 respectively). Private sessions can focus on asana, pranayama, meditation, yoga nidra, modifications, and injury prevention among numerous other topics. Contact Autumn to schedule: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need more information?
Don’t hesitate to contact Autumn by phone 541-408-2884 or email at email@example.com. If you’re in the Bend area I would love to set up a time to get coffee or tea and answer any questions you may have.